Heliogen

SolarPACES Conference, Heliogen Introduces Solar Heat at 1 cent/kWh

Well before Bill Gross started Idealab (which has launched 150 startups and counting) to “look for big problems in the world, invent technological solutions, then build companies to fix them” he was doodling designs for the solar thermal mirrors that reflect concentrated sunlight onto a solar receiver, instead of attending [...]

2020-10-13T21:13:23+00:0013-10-2020|Categorías: BREAKING NEWS, NEWS, Sin categoría, Top News|Etiquetas: , , , |

Idealab Founder Bill Gross’ Plan To Solve The Mother Of All Quandaries

Bill Gates calls it the 75% Problem. Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from power plants only account for 25% of total, and electrical generation is one source of GHG emissions for which cheap renewable sources are well-suited. If we don’t radically reduce the remaining 75% of emissions, we could carpet Arizona [...]

Sun could be Middle East’s biggest export by 2030, says Bill Gates-backed company founder

By the end of the next decade, the Middle East’s biggest export could be the sun, not oil, according to the developer of a new technology that aims to turn solar power into fuel. Last month – and for the first time commercially – a new Bill Gates-backed clean energy [...]

2019-12-18T14:14:51+00:0018-12-2019|Categorías: BREAKING NEWS, NEWS, Sin categoría, Top News|Etiquetas: , |

Heliogen Is Bill Gates’ Latest Venture That Is Only Good For Oil & Gas

Bill Gates seems to love to invest in things that aren’t going to make much of a difference to climate change but that are good for the fossil fuel industry. The latest is Heliogen, a company which uses machine learning to make solar ovens hotter and more reliable. The [...]

Concentrated solar power viable for industrial uses after exceeding 1,000°C

As their name suggests, concentrated solar power (CSP) systems concentrate light from the sun onto a small area, where it is converted to heat. Although this heat is sufficient for electricity generation – usually via a steam turbine – the temperatures they reach aren't sufficient for various industrial processes. But [...]

2019-11-22T10:08:12+00:0022-11-2019|Categorías: BREAKING NEWS, NEWS, Sin categoría, Top News|Etiquetas: , |

Cement production with Concentrated Solar Power

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates entered the world of cement this week with a public relations blitz for Heliogen. He’s one of the backers of a new Californian technology startup looking to use concentrated solar power (CSP) to power heavy industrial processes like clinker or steel production. The company says it [...]

Company backed by Bill Gates claims concentrated solar power breakthrough

A solar energy tech company founded by serial entrepreneur and inventor Bill Gross — and backed by investors including Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates — says it has developed a way to create concentrated solar energy at temperatures hot enough to replace fossil fuels in industrial processes that contribute significantly to global [...]

2019-11-19T12:24:05+00:0019-11-2019|Categorías: BREAKING NEWS, NEWS, Sin categoría, Top News|Etiquetas: , , |