The Indian Government Announced Its Target of Producing 20 GW of Solar Energy By 2022.
India is one of the leading electricity generators in the world and ranks fifth in terms of total installed generation capacity. Almost two-third of the electricity generated in India is produced using coal, followed by hydro power and nuclear power.
India’s current installed electricity generation capacity stands at 165 GW and it is estimated to reach 950 GW by 2030. To meet this demand, India will have to shift its focus to renewable energy resources and it has already started moving in that direction.
In July 2009, Indian government announced its target of producing 20 GW of solar power by 2022 under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM). With more than 300 days of sunshine per year coupled with investor friendly policies and solar energy promotion, India’s solar power sector offers a great market opportunity. Synergysts Forecast of Solar Power in India (2011-2015) report analyses the solar power industry in India and explore the market opportunities that it will present.
Report Coverage and Highlights
* Report analyses the overall electricity generating capacity of India with focus on various sources and forecast for future electricity generation till 2015.
* Current installed capacity of solar power in India is analyzed along with key application areas, followed by a detailed forecast till 2015.
* Various Indian states are evaluated with focus on Current projects that are going on and future investments and other developments taking place in the state.
* Factors that are and would affect the solar power development in India are looked into using SWOT analysis and Porters Fiver Forces analysis.
* Profiles of 20 companies are covered, presenting their operational details, projects details and recent activities they are involved in.
* Report also covers R&D trends in India and the policy initiatives taken to support solar power alongside key challenges that may hinder solar power development in the country.
Please note that the report will be updated and recompiled at the time of order.
Key Topics Covered:
* EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
* ELECTRICITY GENERATION IN INDIA
* SOLAR POWER IN INDIA
* SOLAR POWER IN INDIAN STATES RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
* R&D IN SOLAR SECTOR
* SWOT ANALYSIS OF SOLAR POWER SECTOR
* PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS SOLAR POWER INDUSTRY
* POLICY FRAMEWORK
* XI. RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES
* Azure Power
* Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
* Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL)
* Central Electronics Ltd. (CEL)
* HHV Solar Technologies Private Limited
* Micro Sun Tech Private Limited
* Moser Baer India Limited
* Photon Solar Energy Systems
* Punj Lloyd Delta Renewables
* Reliance Industries Solar Group
* Renewable Energy Systems Limited
* Solar Semiconductor
* Sun Energy Systems
* TATA BP Solar India Limited
* Titan Energy Systems Limited
* Titan Energy Systems Ltd.
* TRA International
* Waaree Energies Private Limited
* Webel SL Energy Systems Ltd.
* XL Telecom & Energy Limited